In this context, we present five US weapons that Israel is eager to acquire :
The F-15EX Eagle II is derived from the F-15 Eagle, the world’s deadliest fighter. Israel already has its version of the F-35 Lightning II, the F-35I Adir, but it remains interested in the F-15EX due to its larger weapons payload.
The F-15EX is a modernized variant of the F-15E Strike Eagle and is a highly proficient fighter jet. It features sophisticated avionics and weapon systems, as well as improved engines and airframe, in comparison to its predecessor. Listed below are some of the reasons why the F-15EX is regarded as an effective fighter jet:
The F-15EX can carry up to 30,000 pounds of payload, while the F-35 carries around 18,000 pounds. The ability to transport larger amounts of ammunition is essential for Israel during the conflict with its neighbors.
Israel hopes to procure eight KC-46A Pegasus tankers to replace the outdated KC-135 Stratotanker. The Pegasus is essential for long-range missions that could penetrate Iranian airspace, especially during tension between the two countries.
The V-22 Osprey is a tiltrotor aircraft designed and produced by Bell Textron and Boeing. It is a multi-mission aircraft that can take off, land vertically like a helicopter, and fly horizontally like a fixed-wing aircraft.
The V-22’s dimensions are 45 feet 10 inches (13.97 meters) in wingspan, 57 feet 4 inches (17.48 meters) in length, and 22 feet 1 inch (6.73 meters) in height when the rotors are in their upright position.
The V-22 has a maximum takeoff weight of 60,500 pounds (27,443 kilograms) and an empty weight of around 33,140 pounds (15,022 kilograms).
The V-22 is propelled by a pair of 6,150 shaft horsepower Rolls-Royce AE 1107C turboshaft engines. The V-22 can reach speeds of up to around 240 mph (or 386 km/h), and it can cruise at speeds of up to 316 mph (509 km/h).
The V-22 can go up to 1,850 kilometers (3,900 miles), with a maximum combat range of 500 nautical miles (925 km). Internally, the V-22 can transport up to 24 soldiers or 9,072 kilograms of goods, while externally, it can transport up to 15,000 pounds (6,804 kilograms).
The V-22’s avionics are state-of-the-art, including a terrain-following radar system, digital flight control, and a glass cockpit with several displays.
The V-22 Osprey is a multi-role aircraft that can transport troops, replenish other aircraft with supplies, conduct special operations, and even do search and rescue. The capacity to take off and land vertically, along with its speed and range, makes it an invaluable asset to armed forces everywhere.
The F-22 Raptor, the first fifth-generation fighter, is coveted by all foreign militaries, including the Israeli Air Force. However, the United States has refused to export it to other countries. The Raptor boasts advanced technologies and super-maneuverable flight characteristics, making it a formidable platform.
- Dimensions: The F-22 has a wingspan of 44.5 feet (13.56 meters), a length of 62 feet (18.9 meters), and a height of 16.7 feet (5.09 meters).
- Weight: The empty weight of the F-22 is approximately 43,340 pounds (19,700 kilograms), and the maximum takeoff weight is 83,500 pounds (37,900 kilograms).
- Engine: The F-22 is powered by two Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 after-burning turbofan engines, each producing approximately 35,000 pounds of thrust.
- Speed: The F-22 has a top speed of approximately Mach 2.25 (1,500 miles per hour or 2,410 kilometers per hour) at high altitude and a supersonic cruise speed of Mach 1.82 (1,220 miles per hour or 1,963 kilometers per hour).
- Range: The F-22 has a combat radius of approximately 410 nautical miles (750 kilometers) without external fuel tanks and a maximum range of approximately 1,600 nautical miles (2,960 kilometers) with external fuel tanks.
- Weapons: The F-22 is armed with an internal M61A2 20mm Gatling gun and can carry a variety of air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles, bombs, and other weapons.
- Avionics: The F-22 features advanced avionics, including a radar system with a range of over 125 miles (200 kilometers), as well as electronic warfare systems and a helmet-mounted display system.
5. AH-64E Attack Helicopter
The latest model of the AH-64E Apache attack helicopter can take down personnel, armor and material objects and carries an M230 30mm cannon, rockets and Hellfire air-to-surface missiles. Israel could improve its air capabilities by acquiring this latest variant of the Apache.
Capability: The AH-64E Apache Guardian is a modern, multi-role attack helicopter designed and produced by Boeing. It is an advanced version of the AH-64D Apache Longbow with improved avionics, engines, and weapons systems. Some of its capabilities include:
Survivability: The AH-64E is equipped with modern defense technology like radar warning receivers, laser warning receivers, and chaff and flare dispensers. In addition, the crew and essential equipment are shielded by armor.
Avionics: The avionics aboard the AH-64E is state-of-the-art, including innovations such as a digital communications system and an upgraded Target Acquisition and Designation System (M-TADS/PNVS). Targeting data and flying information can be viewed on a display system mounted in the pilot’s helmet, eliminating the need to take their eyes off the road.
Mobility: With a maximum speed of roughly 150 knots and a range of up to 300 nautical miles, the AH-64E is a fast and agile helicopter. It is also versatile in that it can function in a wide range of temperatures and altitudes.
Networked Operations: The AH-64E is equipped with cutting-edge communication and data-sharing systems, allowing it to form networks with other aircraft and ground forces. This enables it to work in tandem with other units and gives commanders access to up-to-date information.
Military cooperation between Israel and the United States is essential for both countries. The F-15EX fighter, KC-46A Pegasus tanker, V-22 Osprey, F-22 Raptor and AH-64E attack helicopter are weapons that Israel would like to acquire from its ally to strengthen further.