Buying MH-60R Seahawk, a high governmental deal between India and the US. expecting cost around $2.6 billion. MH-60Rs is a maritime and anti-submarine helicopter. However, only 2 of a total 24 were delivered in San Diego last Friday.
Moreover, It is a vast collaboration of the entire century and a new start of India and the US Navy. Apart from that, the US Navy also provides enormous support to the Indian Navy by sending very appreciable aircraft.
Hence, the Indian Navy signed 24 MH-60R helicopters constructed by Lockheed Martin under foreign military sales from the US government, worth $2.6 billion. In addition, the function of the formal transfer of these helicopters was held in both of two Navy representatives of India and the US. During this agreement, Mr. Taranjit Singh Sandhu, India’s Ambassador to the US, was also present at the ceremony.
Characteristics of MH-60 Romeo:
- This MH-60 can carry Lots of things at the same time. For example, optoelectronic reconnaissance devices, hydroacoustic navigation buoy, and marine surveillance radar to detect fire weapons.
- It also has a superpower: landing on and taking off the deck in appalling weather conditions. Moreover, the MH-60 also works pretty well in both fire support and anti-surface warfare for marines at the same time.
- This helicopter has the Power to use AGM-114 Hellfire anti-tank missiles, Mk 46 anti-submarine torpedoes, APKWS guided rockets, and AGM-119 Penguin anti-ship missiles.
- Most importantly, It left behind the Russian helicopters due to its features specializing in anti-ship missions and anti-submarine.
- The MH-60Rs is made with an immense tolerance of explosive in medium-caliber but minimal tolerance for its arms fire.
- It also has a fitted Load-limiting crew seat and energy-absorbing landing gear.
- Lastly, the helicopter has unique control of ballistically hardened flight controls and also dual-redundancy.
Benefits of MH-60R helicopter:
- The Indian MH-60 Romeo is superior to US technology and can carry more dunking sonar named French FLASH than the US Navy.
- MH-60R has a total of 4 weapon stations that make it more mission flexible than others. It is also double-durable as other US helicopters.
- It has a Folding Light Acoustic System and a low-frequency wideband sonar that helps fetch information about enemy submarines, detect and locate helicopters, and attack them.
- Besides that, It can carry two Mark 54, one of the lightweight and most advanced air-dropped torpedoes globally.
- It can access various types of data from multi-role choppers and sonobuoys that are floating aircraft-based sensors. Consider it’s helpful to attack submarines and warships and also help with surveillance at the same time.
- This MH-60R works with P-8I, dropping over 30 sonobuoys to listen to the submarine’s activity.
- It has a speed of 40 knots along with a 20 kilometers range that is ever-present in our Indian Navy’s inventory.
Indian Navy uses this beast to enhance its capabilities to defend regional threats and strengthen the home ground. In addition, India will introduce this to their armed forces to combat their rival countries like China and Pakistan.